Monday 3 July 2017

SIMPLE, KIND TO SKIN: CLEANSING LOTION REVIEW

I often find myself returning to simple products after a breakout and they literally are simple for my skin. My skin type is dry/sensitive. Both the lotion and toner go together however on this occasion I will be solely reviewing the lotion on its own as a product and not both of them jointly, however, I do when using the lotion follow it by using the toner. 

I found that when removing makeup it did the job for me. I lightly apply some on a cotton bud and gently remove the makeup from my face including my eye area in a circular motion. The lotion itself is as expected blotchy upon squirting out of the bottle however very smooth upon applying. Once on my skin, I felt it left an oily texture and took a while to dry after I had removed the makeup. 

The packaging of the product is quite sturdy and the sizing is great for when I am travelling and when I am at home to just leave on the bedside table. 

It also has a very light scent which is a very win-win situation for a product for me as I do like scents however with a makeup remover the least amount of scent is what I prefer. 

What do I like about the lotion?

  • After a week of using the lotion, i noticed a difference in the way my skin looks and feels 
  • It worked well on my blemishes
  • It removed makeup upon gentle movements with a cotton bud 
  • Light or little to no scent in the lotion 
  • Skin felt hydrated for longer
  • Great to remove makeup on sensitive areas such as the eye area
  • Cheap and very easily available 
  • Long lasting as I only used a grape size amount and after a week still, have over half a bottle remaining of the lotion 
What did I not like about the lotion?

  • Sometimes I felt it was left on my skin for too long making it feel oily and also making my skin look oily or wet due to the consistency
  • When applying it in the morning I had to wait around 5 or 10 minutes before applying my makeup again for the day as otherwise, it would just come off from my skin 
The cost of the lotion?

The cost of the lotions is between £1.50 and £3.00 depending on where you purchase it. This for me was GREAT!!! 
I love finding products that work for my skin and are cheap. 

Where to buy?     

Here are some links to stores that you can buy the lotion and read a little about them:

1. http://www.superdrug.com/Simple/Simple-Kind-To-Skin-Purifying-Cleansing-Lotion-200ml/p/949222?gclid=CP-PsIiu7dQCFW0R0wodg6oAHQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

2. https://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=255503907&sc_cmp=ppc*GHS+-+Grocery++New*PX+%7C+Shopping+GSC+%7C+Top+Offers*PRODUCT+GROUP255503907*&gclid=COKWzomu7dQCFXAA0wodJyIJKA&gclsrc=aw.ds

3. http://www.lifeandlooks.com/simple-kind-to-skin-purifying-cleansing-lotion-200ml.html?currency=gbp&language=2&gclid=CIie_Iuu7dQCFXAA0wodJyIJKA


For me, I loved the simple lotion and toner and it is great for my home days however due to it taking some time to dry on my skin it is not too good on those workdays where I need to be super fast in moisturising my face and putting make up on therefore I find myself mostly using both the lotion and the toner on weekends. 

*Disclaimer - This is not sponsored, influenced nor has anything been sent to me, this is just my opinion on the lotion as I have been testing it over the last week. 

...NafReviews...

No comments:

Post a Comment

HOW TO SAVE MONEY DURING THE CHRISTMAS SEASON

So its that time of year again! You know it - managing money can be tough. Your out and about and everything is Christmas themed, really cut...

Simple Products